Those of us who have lived in the United States for some years know the importance of having own car. We make a great effort to acquire one, since it is not only a means of mobilization, for many Latinos in this nation it also means a work tool. That’s why we value our cars. Let’s admit it!
The oblivion and deterioration of the years can irreversibly affect the performance and engineering of our automobile. Therefore, along with the great love we take care of automotive safety. We must also show them the care and attention they deserve.
Below we will share 10 simple recommendations that you can make at home, to ensure the care of the engine of your vehicle. Remember, it is important that, independently of the measures that you implement, take your vehicle periodically to your trusted auto mechanic specialist.
- Check the general condition of the engine twice a month.As mentioned above, it is important that you visit your trusted auto mechanic specialist for these tasks. If you have knowledge of mechanics, focus your attention on making sure that all components are clean and with proper fluid levels.
- Wipe away excess dust.Just a half hour cleaning with a dry cloth. Mainly try to clean the upper parts. Remember to perform this action when the engine is cold.
- Before leaking cases, visit the mechanic.For example, in cases of water or oil leakage, you should take the car preferably to the mechanic to analyze and solve the problem.
- Periodically check the bayonet that indicates the oil level.At the same time to check the oil level of your vehicle, you must pay attention to the measuring rod or bayonet. Make sure it is properly located and that you dial correctly.
- If your engine is very dirty, it is best to wash it with water under pressure. You must be very careful and try not to touch the electrical parts with the jet of the gun or hose. If you do not consider yourself with the technical capabilities to perform this cleaning, it is preferable to leave this task in the hands of experts.
- If your vehicle is losing oil constantly, open the hood and check if it is part of the engine that needs to be replaced.
- The antifreeze fluid must be changed every two years. With this you will ensure the lengthening of the useful life of the engine.
- Pay attention to the edges of the battery. If they have acid, it is best to wash them with a brush and plenty of water.
- Check the electrical harnesses constantly.They should not be peeled since they could cause a short circuit.
- Visually check the condition of the engine bands.If these are cracked, it would be best to think about changing them.