Engine oil change is something that is a must for every vehicle and you have to get it changed periodically to keep the engine of the car healthy. However, there are a lot of things to be careful about and you must keep these things in mind when you are deciding about the Hurst oil change. Let us have a look at the list of these things so that you know what you have to do with them.
- When you are deciding about the oil for the engine of your car, you have to be very careful about the oil that has been recommended by the manufacturer of the car and the schedule that has been devised by the manufacturer of the car and the engine oil.
- There is a tendency in the oil that makes it get thick and get condensed if the temperature gets cool. This kind of freezes the oil in the engine which can be dangerous for the functioning of the engine and other parts of the car. Therefore, you must run the engine for about 5 minutes before running the car so that the engine oil melts down.
- When changing the oil of the engine of the car, make sure that you have properly drained the old oil before putting the new one in the engine. This way there would be no chance of mixing of the two oils in the vessels and thus the health of the engine would be at its best.
- Removing the air filter of the engine is something very important as well, so you need not to worry about it at all. All you have to do is to clean the filter compartment to ensure that the is no dust or dirt accumulating in it.
- You need to check the condition of the oil filter all the time in order to ensure that it is intact and that it has to be used for the betterment of the engine condition. If a new oil filter is needed, you should place that filter in the compartment and clean it up.
- Now use the maker’s recommended engine oil and fill it up in the compartment of oil. You can read the instructions in the manual to know how much oil you should pour or you should take an estimate of the measure of oil to be poured.